Saturday, October 3, 2009

O'Donel Levy - "Windows" 1976

Welcome to my first post.  There is a lot for me to learn for this blogging stuff, so hopefully my posts will get better as time goes on.  I will also try to offer the best album art available (use flatbed scanner plus post photo-processing)

I became aware of this album several years after it was released.  I am not sure why it was never released on CD or digital media.  In my opinion, I consider this album to be one of his best works.  It was released by Groove Merchant, and produced by Sonny Lester.  I have noticed that slowly Groove Merchant has been releasing some works to MP3 downloads, so keep your fingers crossed for more releases.  This album contains that classic jazz-funk sound that originated in the '70's.  You also get the melodic vocal phrasings from O'Donel himself.  My favorite cuts from this LP are: "I Believe In Miracles" and "I'll Sing From My Window".  "Moisturizer" is also a worthy mention. Please enjoy and comments are welcome...


Drums - Stafford Levy
Engineer - Tony Bongiovi
Guitar, Written-By - O'Donel Levy
Piano, Synthesizer - Charles Covington
Producer - Sonny Lester
Saxophone, Flute - David E. Smith
Trumpets - Jimmy Wilson, Randy Brecker, Lewis M. Soloff
Vocals - Aleta Greene

1 comment: