Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Bud Brisbois - Lead Trumpet Extraordinaire

I will be posting some Airmen of Note in the future, but came across a recording of "Rose Hips" from 1973 and was impressed with the direct, melodic and forceful sound of the lead trumpet on that recording.  I had to find out the artist....found out it was Bud Brisbois.  The upper ranges sound so effortless... even up to a Triple High C!!
An interesting but tragic story of talent ended way too soon.  I have the Wikipedia link here:

Other notable artists that have emerged from "The Airmen of Note" are Tim Eyermann and others
Let me know in the comments any others that I have not discovered (yet)...


3 comments:

  1. There was a website that had the Airmen Of Note audio archive as mp3s.Sadly,it seems to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have that collection... will be posting soon

      Delete
  2. I will be writing up some of my favorite Airmen of Note albums soon....

    ReplyDelete